Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Affirmation: Relationships are my greatest treasures.

Relationships are far more important than riches. There is nothing in life more valuable than relationships. Possessions are temporary and passing, but relationships make life-changing marks on our hearts.

I choose to spend my time and money on the people I care about. When I receive an invitation to connect, I make the necessary arrangements to meet with my loved ones. Rearranging my schedule to make time for my loved ones is a sacrifice I am glad to make.

Daily, I seek to make long-lasting memories with my family. When we are together, I ignore small annoyances and focus on joy. My camera is always within arms reach so that I can capture memories to remember for generations to come. I forgive my loved ones quickly of any offenses because life is too short to waste on frivolous disputes.

Relationships are my safe haven from life's torrential rains. Good friends can turn even the toughest situation into an endurable adventure. My friends and I help each other laugh through the storms and relax during the calm because that is what we do.

It takes a lot of effort to maintain relationships; therefore I work hard to be a good friend. I have a tight grasp around those I love because life is full of distractions that can pull me apart from my friends, unless I make the conscious decision to hold on to them.

Today, I choose to make time to invest in my relationships. I stay in touch with old friends because a well-tended friendship has the ability to outlast all other things in life.

Self-Reflection Questions:

1. What can I do to strengthen my relationships?
2. Is there someone I have lost touch with that I should call today?
3. Do I forgive my loved ones quickly?

No comments: