Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Affirmation: I am a source of truth and honesty.

I make it a point to be honest with myself and in my dealings with others. It's also a selling point, too, because others know that they can count on me for truth. My honesty earns me one of the most valuable things of all - the trust of my friends, loved ones, and associates.

I believe the quote from Sir Walter Scott, "Oh what a tangled web we weave when first we practice to deceive," is so true. Things get so complicated whenever we lie and it only makes matters worse when the lie is uncovered. Why would I want to be involved in negative situations like that?

In being truthful, I stay in a positive zone with more positive outcomes.

When I make a mistake, I admit it, I do what I can to make amends, and then move on. Making mistakes is inevitable. I know that everyone, including me, makes mistakes. People respect me more because I honestly admit my mistakes and then do my best to resolve the issue in the most positive way.

My honesty in my personal relationships brings me closer to my loved ones. I speak the truth about my feelings even if the situation is a difficult one. Because I am honest, I am able to work through relationship challenges and discover viable solutions that make everyone happy.

Business associates know they can trust me to bring honesty into the workplace. As a result, I form long-standing business relationships with my clients and co-workers.

Today, I strive to be perfectly honest in all encounters with others, knowing that it can only strengthen our relationship.

Self-Reflection Questions:

1. Do I believe honesty is the best policy?
2. How can being truthful about something resolve a current issue I'm having?
3. How can I strengthen my relationship with my partner by being more honest?

No comments: