Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Affirmation: My smile is contagious.

Before I leave home each morning, I flash an approving smile at my reflection in the mirror. That radiant smile is the last accessory I put on in order to complete my outfit. My smile adds an unspoken beauty to my look, regardless of the clothes I wear.

My face always looks brighter when I wear a smile. I love to smile because it makes me feel good inside. I choose to smile because I can start the chain reaction that will ultimately benefit me in the end.

My genuine smile causes others to smile back at me just like the reflection I see each morning in the mirror. The more I smile, the more others smile at me. The more other smile at me, the happier I feel. Smiling is a circle of positivity that cannot be broken.

Smiles cost nothing; they are my free gift to the world. Even when I feel like I have nothing left to give, I reach down and find the strength to smile at others. I get my body to communicate joy through physical expression and soon my emotions follow the lead of my actions.

I smile independently of what is going on in my life. I smile because it is a part of who I am, not just of a part of how I feel. My smile characterizes me as the pleasant person that I set out to be each day.

Today, I am determined to smile regardless of what is going on in my life. I smile selflessly because others need me to. There are hurting people out there who need to see my smile in order to be healed.

Self-Reflection Questions:

1. Am I taking time to look around me and find those in need of a smile?
2. How can I overcome what prevents me from smiling today?
3. Does my smile radiate sincerity?

No comments: