Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Affirmation: I am free from the shackles of my past.

My past is only a memory of experiences, both positive and negative, which have taught me valuable life lessons. I have shaken off the shackles that once held me hostage in my past. Putting the past behind me, I can now feel free in the present.

The events that took place in my past remain part of my history. While I do not forget about my past, I am confident in my ability to correct previous mistakes and pave a new road for myself. I am wiser and more mature today than I was years ago.

Who I am today is simply a collection of the pieces of my past that fit together to form a stronger and wiser me. I rid myself of the hurt that some of the pieces caused me, but I keep the lessons I learned.

Although I have learned many lessons from my past, I move forward in order to grow and make way for new experiences. I forgive myself for my past mistakes and strive to make better choices today.

I accept that I am worthy of love and success even if I had a difficult beginning. Regardless of what is behind me, today is a fresh day and I am determined to enjoy each precious moment!

I live focused on the future and spend my time planning the next steps to live a life without regrets. I am finally free to live for myself.

Today, I am excited about the road that lies ahead. I allow myself the freedom to pursue new experiences with confidence knowing that there are boundless opportunities ahead of me.

Self-Reflection Questions:

1. Am I holding on to things from the past that is preventing me from moving forward?
2. How do I respond to new challenges?
3. What new opportunities excite me?

No comments: