Thursday, December 31, 2009

Affirmation: My priorities are in order.

I invest my time and money on things of substance. Periodically, I do an inventory of my time to ensure that I am devoted to what is dearest to me. Instead of waiting for some free time, I make time for what I value.

My life is focused on eternal value, not short-lived pleasures. Material possessions are fleeting; therefore I focus on my relationships. I value people over possessions because people are irreplaceable.

Every day, I spend time with my Creator giving thanks for the blessings I have and seeking direction for the future. I ask for renewed strength and wisdom each morning so I can live my life the way I was meant to live.

My family comes first in my heart, above everything else. The love I have for my spouse and children is the driving force behind everything I do. My goal is to make them feel valued by the way I care for them.

Although I am thankful for my career, I realize that my career is simply a tool for me to provide for my loved ones. I work hard, but my heart always belongs to my family. Time with my loved ones is far more precious than work.

I take care of my body, mind, and soul so I can have the necessary energy to take care of my treasures. I pamper myself with relaxation activities like spas, massages, and long quiet walks in order to rejuvenate my spirit. When I indulge in activities that bring me pleasure, I am better able to serve others.

Today, I keep my priorities in order by devoting time to the people in my life. I reflect on ways to ensure that my priorities remain in order permanently.

Self-Reflection Questions:

1. How much time do I spend with my family compared to my job?
2. What changes do I need to make to my schedule to better reflect my priorities?
3. Do I need to invest more time for self-care?

No comments: