Monday, April 19, 2010

Affirmation: I am a team player.

Being a team player has more to do with my attitude than with the amount of work that I take on. The way I interact with my team is just as important as my contributions.

As a team player, I often have to lay down my ego for the benefit of the team. I am willing to perform tasks that I dislike in order for my team to profit in the end. Pride and arrogance are absent from my attitude.

I am willing to listen to the ideas and input of other team members. When other members of my team have ideas better than my own, I support them whole-heartedly, without jealousy.

Before our meetings, I plan in advance so I can be prepared to participate actively in the discussion. I am on time for meetings in order to send the message to my team that I value their time.

My teammates know that they can count on me because I demonstrate commitment. I value each member of my team and what they bring to the table. People are receptive to me because I respect their individual strengths and weaknesses.

I am courageous enough to admit when I am wrong and ask for help when I need it. I am humble enough to help others when they fall short.

When there is a misunderstanding, I address it promptly without allowing it to fester. I am open-minded and genuine with my teammates.

Today, I choose to be a team player and support those around me because we need each other in order to be successful.

Self-Reflection Questions:

1. How can I eliminate bias that I may bring to my team?
2. Do I value the ideas of others as much as my own?
3. What do my timelines and preparation say about me as a team member?