Sunday, April 18, 2010

Affirmation: Giving back to the community is my pleasure.

I enjoy giving back to the community through community service, charitable donations, and volunteering. I am constantly looking for new ways to get involved through programs and partnerships.

When I give back to the community, I feel like I am making a difference in the world, one act of kindness at a time. Caring for one another is a human responsibility that we have for each other.

Giving back to my community makes me feel connected to those around me. When I volunteer, I meet other people who share a passion for improving my community. I also meet those who are less fortunate and simply need someone to care.

I can easily be part of the positive change by finding a list of community service events in my area and getting involved, or even starting my own. Whether I read to a child in a school or help build a home for someone, the impact is great.

If I am unable to actively participate during a season due to other commitments, I give financial support to help organizations that reach out on a regular basis to those in need.

Giving back requires that I put others before me and place myself in their shoes. I am blessed to have the ability to give my strength and funds to help others. Giving to others is rewarding!

Today, I reflect on all the blessings I have been given with a thankful heart. From this day forward, I choose to become more involved in my community and share my blessings by offering my time as a volunteer.

Self-Reflection Questions:

1. How has my community helped me become who I am?
2. Does my city have a community service calendar where I can volunteer?
3. Is there an organization that I can support financially?