Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Flip content for dollars without writing it yourself

I just wanted to let you know about an ebook I got today. It's called PLR Content Flipping for Dollars and you can have it with my compliments when you sign up for Inspiration Matters. I read through it quickly today and if you're familiar with PLR I'm sure you'll get some great tips from reading it.

I'll be talking about PLR at a later date and giving my recommendations for obtaining decent PLR.

If you don't know what PLR is, it stands for Private Label Rights. Essentially what it allows you to do is modify content or not modify content in any way you choose and be able to claim authorship. When you're a newbie it sounds unethical to do such a thing, but believe me it's not.

Many people legally claim authorship of books and articles they haven't actually written themselves. If you read different newspapers you'll often find the same news article with different bylines. Many autobiographies have been written by a ghostwriter and not by the person the book is about.

Selling PLR content is another way that writers can make money. Let's say that a writer wrote a book, claimed authorship and got a publisher to market it for him/her. Assume that the book sells for $27 (roughly the cost of a paperback here in Australia). The author would only make a couple of dollars per book sold.

On the other hand the writer could write the exact same book and simply sell the PLR for whatever they wanted. Let's say $10,000. Someone else claims authorship of the book gets it published and then earns the $2 for each one sold. The book would have to sell 5,000 copies just to recoup the $10,000 investment.

In the meantime the writer has written another 2 books and sold the PLR for another $10,000 each. No publisher headaches, no waiting to see how many copies of the book get sold.

Doesn't pose a moral dilemma for me!

The only issue I can see with PLR is that there can be many copies of the same product with different authors out there which could damage your credibility. With PLR I recommend either making substantial changes so that it is different to other offerings OR don't claim authorship.

Anyway, PLR is something I'll definitely be talking about some more.


regards
Sharon

No comments: