Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Affirmation: Laughter is my best medicine.

Some people say, "An apple a day keeps the doctor away," but I find that a good sense of humor and a hearty laugh every day has even better benefits! I use humor to help keep me healthy and solve all sorts of challenges.

First and foremost, laughter relieves my stress. When my mind is focused on something funny, I can't help but forget my worries, even if for a short time. Since stress causes most health issues, daily laughter keeps stress from building up to unhealthy levels.

A good belly laugh causes the mind to produce endorphins that promote a feeling of well-being. The way I figure, the more endorphins I make, the better I feel! It's no secret that people with a good sense of humor live happier, healthier, and longer lives.

When I am feeling down, I take a break from my tasks to enjoy a funny movie or play entertaining games. After having my fun, I feel rejuvenated and get back on track with what I need to do.

If I am involved in a tense situation with someone, I think of something funny to break the tension. It always works! After we laugh, we're better able to settle our differences amicably so we can find a win-win solution.

Laughter also helps me relax my mind. It sends extra oxygen to the brain that aids in clarity, which is always a good benefit.

Today, I intend to find humor in my everyday routines so I can rejuvenate my body, mind, and spirit!

Self-Reflection Questions:

1. What gave me my biggest laughs today? How did I feel afterwards?
2. Do I laugh heartily every day?
3. How can I bring more humor into my daily life?

No comments: