Saturday, May 8, 2010

Affirmation: My desire to succeed is more powerful than disappointment.

I am successful because I am driven by my dreams instead of my circumstances. Focusing on my goals helps me overcome disappointment and enables me to accomplish what I set out to do.

Disappointment is sure to come, but how I handle it is what sets me apart from the rest. I refuse to give in to the destructive effects of self-pity.

When I am down, I dust off my knees and get back up again because my dreams are worth the fight. The clouds of disenchantment may try to block my view, but my strong will helps me to look clearly past my current situation.

Even in the face of setbacks, I am at peace because I understand that failure is temporary as long as I learn from it and move on. My attitude remains unchanged, even when my circumstances change.

My ultimate goal is to utilize my abilities to make a difference in the world. I am more concerned with fulfilling my purpose in life than with pleasing everyone around me.

Criticism and disappointment are simply distractions that try to take my attention from the things that matter most. When I catch myself wallowing in self-pity, I snap out of it by reminding myself of my priorities.

When disappointment comes, instead of quitting, I envision myself crossing the finish line. I visualize myself tasting the sweetness of victory that awaits me if I persevere. I tell myself over and over again why I do what I do.

Today, I choose to stir within myself a new passion for what I do in order to strengthen my will. I refuse to allow temporary failure to rob me of my dreams.

Self-Reflection Questions:

1. How can I overcome disappointment?
2. What lessons have I learned from a recent failure?
3. What is my ultimate goal?