Thursday, May 6, 2010

Affirmation: My body deserves to be nourished and satisfied with healthy fuels.

I take care of my body because it is the only one I have. As a gift from my Creator, my body deserves to be treated with dignity and respect.

I am the only person accountable for what goes into my body. I take that responsibility very seriously because I want to keep it nourished and satisfied in order to be able to enjoy all other areas of life.

I eat balanced meals every day that supply my body all the nutrients it needs to function well. I follow the guidelines of what a person my age should eat. I actively research the latest information from health professionals on foods.

I choose foods that are free from pesticides and preservatives in order to keep my body clean. Before I eat, I always wash my fruits and vegetables carefully.

Daily, I reap the rewards of a healthy lifestyle through renewed strength and energy. When I practice healthy habits, I feel alive, alert, and happy.

Although I enjoy food, I eat only as a necessity of living. I stay away from unhealthy social eating. My mind is strong enough for me to make dietary changes to improve my overall well-being.

When I fill up with healthy fuel, my engine runs smoothly. I enjoy the expedition of life much more when my vehicle is in good repair.

Today, I choose fuels that are healthy and I keep my body running smoothly because I am worth it.

Self-Reflection Questions:

1. What do I feed my body?
2. What are the rewards of living a healthy lifestyle?
3. Am I making wise food choices so I can enjoy a healthier life?