Sunday, May 2, 2010

Affirmation: I turn failure into opportunity.

I turn failure into an opportunity for growth by learning from my experiences and proceeding in my journey. By moving forward instead of giving up, I give myself the gift of a new opportunity to fulfill my purpose.

To learn from my experiences, I look at the past objectively. I acknowledge my errors without self-condemnation because mistakes are part of life.

When I fail, I accept it as an opportunity for success. Failure does not mean that I am a bad person; therefore, I am free from internalizing and personalizing disappointment.

In the words of Thomas Edison, "I haven't failed; I've found 10,000 ways that don't work." Each time I seem to fail, I discover another option that can be eliminated.

I intentionally focus on the meaningful lessons of everyday life because life is about purpose and not about the mundane nuisances of my work.

Reaching a dead end may be painful because it is not the outcome I desired, but happiness is not about the absence of pain; rather, it's about the realization of purpose. Who I become, as molded by the experiences of my journey, is as important to me as where I finish.

When I feel overwhelmed by seemingly impossible circumstances, I remind myself that, from where I stand, I can only see a small glimpse of the big picture of my life. I turn that discouragement into opportunity by refusing to give up.

Today, I choose to have faith and trust that there is a plan for my life bigger than what my eyes can see. No matter how many times I fail, I resolve to get up and continue to follow my dreams.

Self-Reflection Questions:

1. Do I need to forgive myself for a past failure?
2. What lessons have I learned from a recent failure?
3. How has failure helped me redirect my dreams?